What does self-image mean to you? What do you most want to change?
Joanne R Kanute, BACC, CMI, BCMCLC, Licensed Cosmetologist, CSA
- “Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make.”
- We tend to make judgments based on the visual data we gather. Once you realize people are judging your appearance before they know your talents, you quickly learn to be more conscious of your appearance.
- Our self-image impacts our lives at many levels; self-esteem, social image, emotional image, psychological image and wellness goals. Building a strong self-image gains greater self-confidence which motivates us in a positive direction. A negative self-image is one of the main factors to the high rate of depression.
- “Many capable men and women are disqualified from job opportunities because they simply do not look the part.” ~Brian Tracy author of The Psychology of Achievement.
- A first impression is formed within 6-7 seconds of meeting. You never get a second chance to make a positive first impression. Image/Appearance has a “huge” impact on your future! Our appearance is a form of non-verbal communication. What Image Message are you sending?
- “Looking your best strengthens your self-image, a stronger self-image increases your self-esteem, and a greater self-esteem brings greater success!”