What does self-respect mean? Self-respect is pride and confidence in oneself; a feeling that one is behaving with honor and dignity.
To have self-respect is to take yourself for who you are – to wake up and forgive yourself for mistakes you have made. View yourself in a positive way.
- Don’t let other people’s thoughts about you shape who you are.
- Don’t speak badly about yourself
- Don’t let anybody force you to be or do anything you don’t want to do or to simply gain their approval or friendship
- Don’t violate your own moral codes
- Control your emotions
- Increase your knowledge
- Seek a relationship with God
- Be responsible
- Respect others
- Be quick to forgive others
- Be friendly to everyone you meet
- Hang around encouraging people
- Don’t lie
- Make good decisions
“Follow your passion. Be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and above all, DON’T let anyone limit your dreams.”